Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday after midnight it rained really hard, best rain I can remember in months.  Almost the only rain in months.  Very good!

Wednesday around 10am Ronnie called, wouldn't be able to work because it was too wet (obviously).  He said he could come out and finish the slab prep on Thursday and have it inspected on Friday.  He had talked to the inspector and that would be OK.  Then he wanted me to look at forms.  I said they looked OK.

I mentioned the issue about adding rail to top of forms to make siding height above grade higher (and slab thicker).  I mentioned some of the problems I imagined with that.  Ronnie insisted it would not be a problem, if that was what I wanted.

But I was still worried, so I told Ronnie I would leave the slab thickness and siding-above-grade issue up to him.  Whatever he thought was best would be fine with me.  Of course, he said the forms were fine and the siding height would be fine just as it was already set up.  So I got him to change back to what I think is safer while letting him save face.  Whew!  And then he sounded more positive about getting the work done on Thursday.

Thursday I kept waiting and waiting for him to show up from 9am to 11am, finally went back to bed to catch last few hours of sleep as I usually do before going to work.  I had dreams about him showing up.  Finally he did show up with worker for a few minutes and left.  Later I took a look outside and nobody was there but the plastic barrier had been moved onto the grass.

Ronnie called around 1:30pm and said there was still water in the beam trenches so the rebar could not be put there yet.  But he had moved the vapor barrier onto the grass to hose off the mud.  He said he would come out on Friday to finish the slab prep.


No comments:

Post a Comment