Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Engineering by GE Reaves

Back in May, Ronnie got engineering done by GE Reaves Engineering, Inc.  They have offices at 12508 Jones Maltsberger and phone is 490-4506.

I got 3 copies of the engineering document, signed by John A. Martin, Licensed Professional Engineer, dated 05-25-11, and a receipt stamped PAID.  I reimbursed Ronnie on June 1 for the exact amount on the receipt, $535.81.  According to a box in the corner, the actual design and drawing was done by MERI.

The soil test information is also printed on the engineering document, listed as done by Geotechnical Consultants, Inc.  The soil test shows "Design Level B, Dark Gray Silty Clay, PI 30."  It is dated May 17, 2011.

PI is the Plasticity Index.  A PI of 20-40 is "high plasticity" and >40 is "very high plasticity".  The plasticity index indicates how much soil expands and contracts.  It's hard to believe any soil expands and contracts more than what we have here, but apparently so.

2 comments:

  1. Getting all this documentation is good. Too bad Ronnie seems to have some money issues.
    Working with my builders is hard, even though they are punctual. We have to keep the dogs away from the workers, and there is always a lot of barking. I have to get up early to be sure the dogs have been out before anyone gets here. All in all, in spite of things going well, it is a headache. I've been feeling good for several months with new medicine regimen, but now am fatigued and sleepy and achy again. I've been trying to take it easy this week, hoping this is just a temporary FM/lup flare. Which, is why I said earlier, to be sure to take care of your health while your project is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say this project has been the best thing for my health either, though nothing major. I have been suffering from stress and occasional sleeplessness. I get particularly restless when Ronnie doesn't show up as promised. I find it relaxing to hear him actually working. When I can't get to sleep, I take one or two benedryl which always kicks in after an hour. Same ingredient as sominex, so it's either an antihistimine that makes you drowsy or a sleep aid that clears your sinuses. This month I've needed both.

    Not as stressful as moving or changing jobs though. Noel has changed jobs twice this year.

    ReplyDelete