Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ronnie back for 30 minutes

Just as I was stressing about whether Ronnie was just going to run away with the money ($5100 so far), and even if he didn't, if I should just go ahead and cancel this whole project because it keeps stressing me out...

Ronnie showed up this morning for 45 minutes or so with a powered earth compactor, and did some re-compacting on the now moved slab location.

Good!  That had been my most serious concern about his seemingly half-hearted version of moving the slab location on Tuesday.  And it shows he's still working on my project, though likely sharing time (and equipment?) with other projects.

As I've said numerous times to various people (perhaps worded differently for Ronnie himself) I don't care so much how long this project takes, so long as the quality is nothing but the best.

If the way I get to "best" is by waiting for him to have spare time and equipment from other projects, that's OK.

I have been more than a little anxious, however, to get concrete poured before the worst of summer heat.  We're getting pretty good levels of summer heat already, so it's impossible to beat the heat altogether, but hopefully we can beat the worst heat in July or August.

Also truck mixed concrete is mixed for prevailing temperatures.  You might not want concrete in a freak hot or cold spell if the concrete mixers haven't had time to adjust.  But from here on, there aren't likely to be many freak cold spells like there were in May.

1 comment:

  1. The building of our art studio is causing a lot of stress too. The workers are here for 12 hours on Saturday and during that time all the dogs must stay inside or be walked on leashes on the far side of the house. When Ramie sees a worker through the window, she goes into a barking fit, which starts all the other dogs barking too. I'm glad the workers are only here one day a week.

    ReplyDelete