Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Questions

Ronnie answered phone again, said he was on way back from daughter's graduation in Austin.  (Hmmn, that's funny, graduation ceremonies were held around May 21.)

Told him I wanted to make changes, for starters, I'm going to go back to Hardipanel (the original estimated design) rather than brick (I've never seen an estimate for Brick, Ronnie simply said it would cost a little more, and I'm feeling that brick is more critical, needs to be done right first time by an experienced mason, and I'm not sure I trust Ronnie that far any more.)

I still want to do the brick weight engineered foundation (though I don't really trust Ronnie's foundation work to support brick either).

I asked him to call back when he got home.  Here are my questions:

1) How are the foundation forms going to be placed, when it appears the sides are very rough and even outside the forms in some places?  Would it be better getting much larger boards, like 12x4's?  Do the sides need to be compacted?

2) The depth of the beam doesn't appear to be adequate in the SW corner.

3) How is the pour going to be done in such heat?  Can there be canopy to shade foundation and pool of water on top?

4) Wouldn't it be best to use 4500 psi concrete, and with very high sump because of hot weather?  Can concrete be poured in very early morning or late at night.

5) Can we do sheetrock and insulation in later phase, after walls and roof are up?  I'm not sure I can afford that part now.

6) With hardpanel walls, I want to go back to 8 foot walls, and possibly increase roof slope to compensate.

And the ultimate question:

7) This doesn't seem like the right kind of weather for this project.  I had been hoping we could have get foundation poured in early May.  Now I'm thinking I'd like to cancel the project with the best refund possible.  In September I will go ahead with new estimates.

If I get voicemail, I'll just leave it to #7.

No comments:

Post a Comment