Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tree selected for back yard

As I elaborated in comment to earlier post, there is only one spot remaining in my back yard lot for a significant tree.  That is to the northwest of pool house (and therefore will not shade it significantly) but to the southwest of the northwestern corner of my house.

What looks to be the best tree for this location is the one I have in the front yard, a Mimosa Rosea.  This will not grow high enough to interfere with future plans to have large solar array on the southwestern roof of my house.  But it will provide delightful shade to the back yard for entertainment and appearance.

These trees are invasive where climate is cooler and wetter.  I have never had an issue with the Mimosa in my front yard reseeding.  It is just too hot and dry in autumn when the seed pods fall for it to do that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment