Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The self-cleaning jacuzzi

Ah yes, a friend recently remarked about germs in a hot tub.  Around then I decided to relabel my planned "hot tub" as a "cold jacuzzi".

But what I think could be interesting, is some way of opening (and closing) the patio roof over the jacuzzi by remote control.  Then, to kill the germs, you could open the cover and let the UV of the sun take care of matters for you.

But wait, that didn't work very well in the pool I grew up with as a kid.  It was always open to the sun, and just got greener.

And perhaps the whole thing actually needs to be open to the sky.  It seems the best jacuzzi experiences I've had were in places where you could walk around the jacuzzi.  And you can't easily do that with an elevated Jacuzzi under a patio cover.


1 comment: