Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Some Tile CHoices

Tarsus Beige.

Takla Desert Sun.  I like this color a lot.  I could combine it with either a lighter or a darker color.  I don't especially want a textured tile, I'd rather have smooth polished, but Desert Sun appears to have only a very gentle texture, so I think OK.

Takla Milky Way is a lighter color that Desert Sun could be paired with.

Takla Venus is a darker color.  Perhaps too dark, but bold.

I discovered Takla looking for porcelain version of Crema Marfil marble, but their Crema Marfil has distinct 3d crack lines which I think unsuitable for shower.  The other Takla's above are also 3d rendered tiles that are not perfectly flat/smooth.  But they have an amorphous flatness, which I think is OK, since it doesn't tend to attract lime in a particularly visible way.  Why can't I have my fake marble perfectly flat???

In the same series (ironically "Polished Marble") as Crema Marfil, there is one (and apparently only one) fake marble that is without fake crack lines (at least as far as I can see in photos).  But it's white and useless for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment