Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Monday, September 15, 2014

Bathtub Drains

Here's a discussion of the interesting discussion searching for the best type of bathtub drain.

http://www.plbg.com/forum/read.php?1,316219

An early commenter recommends "barrel slide valve" drains.  I believe he means the traditional trip lever kind of drain, where the lever moves a stopper through the overflow pipe.  The stopper crosses the pipe from the bottom drain and closes it.  Gerber is alleged to make good ones (not expensive too).

Color me skeptical.  I've never seen one that worked except in hotels.

I'm staying away from anything using cords.

That leaves toe tap and twist and lift drains.  Toe tappers have a spring which can break.  Though I'm not sure why, twist and lift are said to have more problem with hair.  However both of these designs lack cables and linkages likely to go bad, and are generally considered the most reliable type.

I asked salesperson for lift and twist and that still seems like the best choice.  I need to investigate this hair issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment