Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Saturday, September 27, 2014

50 lumen bulb

I've found and ordered this 50 lumen amber LED bulb with (standard) medium E26 base.  It was not easy to find, rather expensive at $14.32, and 1000Bulbs.com charged me over $10 standard UPS shipping for one tiny bulb.

But just what I was looking for, and hopefully will last almost a decade or more and I won't have to worry about replacing the tiny 7w incandescent bulbs with 50 lumen output ever 7 months or whatever.  The only place I found that 7w bulb now was also 1000Bulbs.com.  I got them online last time, but can't remember where.

I still like my Miracle 2W bulbs.  I know many hate them because they don't put out as much light as conventional bulbs, and the 50W equivalence seems rather exaggerated (I think more like 30W).  But I still find it a good amount of light for my back yard.  I notice the light is made of lots of LED's and I wonder if they are simply in series and thereby avoiding the need for a power supply--the usually most unreliable part which also wastes energy.  I think these bulbs are special and I hope they keep making them.  Andy they now cost less than the overpriced 50 lumen bulb (7.5W equivalent) I just bought which seems to have just one big LED.



No comments:

Post a Comment