Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Grab bars

Here are ada grab bar guidelines.  Basically bars on all sides, two in back of tub, height 33-36 inches for top bar.  I'd go for 36 inches because I'm short…and hard to reach low bar with short arms.  The guidelines go into great detail about bar minimums.  I'm going for full coverage as much as possible and reasonable.

Here are some fancy grab bars.  At first I didn't get it, why so much more complicated?  But given that the mounts have to be on studs, the additional bar beyond the mounts is helpful, and allows you to maximize the available bar rather than be limited to what the studs give you.  So I do want something like this…and these look nice.

Here are some less expensive fancy bars from Moen.  Great reviews.  But these don't have the flexibility of the Greatgrabz Wave and Horizon bars…which feature moveable mounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment