Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kohler Laminar Bath Filler

It's outlandishly expensive for a tub filler (nearly half the price of my tub!) but I think I want this very much.

The 60x32 Bellwether (the "real" Bellwether) requires an extra long tub filler.  That wastes space near the front, AND it prevent you from sitting backwards in the tub, which is otherwise possible with the Bellwether sloped front shape.  (In fact, it's possible with most tubs, except for the drain lever and filler, and for taller people, the water valves.)

I'm already ditching the lever drain control (I've decided I might use the lever type drain system just for the screen, and then remove the barrel valve and lever and replace with flat drain) so I'll have a flat upper drain, a bottom drain with drain plug (I've now decided that's the best approach), so with a laminar flow I *could* sit backwards in the Bellwether, I think.  Then, also, two small people could sit in the tub facing each other.  So then I'd have something like Tea for Two.

The laminar filler is the one key ingredient that makes backwards sitting possible.

It's cool looking too.  I would mount on the front wall, not the ceiling, as mounting on the ceiling would certainly be very expensive and not compatible with my incremental bathroom remodeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment