Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Monday, March 18, 2013

Second Weekend in March

Didn't do much, and especially didn't do anything big.

Mowed back lawn around Lyndhurst.  That was the only part needing mowing badly.

Picked up tree limbs, trash, and a few weeds in the front yard.  Front yard looked like it could wait a week before mowing.

Watered the houseplants in front.  Watered Palmy.

Moved the last nearly-full box of Armstrong flooring into Lyndhurst.  First took out one piece as souvenir, put one small dirty piece in trash, then sealed the box.

Did some reorganizing inside Lyndhurst.  Got rid of one pile of boxes.   Put plastic container with kitchen stuff on big shelf on top of a similar plastic container on big shelf.  Moved several boxes onto big shelf also.  Decided to recycle several boxes.  Was planning to move some boxes from King's room  into Lyndhurst but didn't get around to that.

Put out trash.  Washed one load of dishes and put them away, started loading second load of dishes.  Put out lots of boxes for recycling.  Carefully vacuumed all the styrofoam bits from one box in living room and put into big trash bag before putting box into recycling.

Cleaned off sliding glass window somewhat.  Washed play shirts and fun shirts.  Cleared bedroom floor and living room floor.

Cleaned off the top of the Queen's table (still in hallway) with liquid spray Pledge.  It's an old bottle but smells OK.

Vacuumed front of living room around stereo system (which I hardly ever do).  There was considerable dust on subwoofers, was that from concrete grinding in Queen's room?  The top of the Denon DVD planer (where the Lavry and dB systems box are sitting) was particularly dusty, I noticed after playing a SACD.*  To clean these items fully, I disconnected them and put the two small pieces elsewhere so I could clean the top of the Denon with vacuum then soft damp cloth.  Then I put the small pieces back and hooked them up again.  Even vacuumed 7 foot tall Acoustat speaker panels with special adapter I made that reduces suction pressure to make it safe for speakers.  The cloth on the panels was quite dusty.

*The Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Mood 30th anniversary SACD.  I had been disappointed when my old Denon 5900 could not play the DVD-Audio included with the 40th anniversary DSOTM, so I got out the 30th anniversary disk.  I was amazed at how good it sounded.

Set up small night light bulb in parallel with CFL light in living room.  This bulb allows the CFL to be switched with an X10 appliance module, so I can control it remotely, AND now it will automatically turn on at dusk and off before dawn.  I haven't had that functionality for about a year now.  Because I tried doing the same thing, without the night light bulb, with a Philips LED bulb, and that didn't work well, it got flakier over time.  So when I tried to set up a CFL light again, I couldn't find the old "Hartz flea trap" that conveniently holds a small night light bulb as I have been doing for 10 years.  So then a couple months ago, I was going to buy another Hartz flea trap but couldn't find one like it (that was a horrible day in December when my nose was running so badly I had to run out of the store).  I was going to buy one online, but then I found something better, a miniature night-light castle, which I bought on eBay.  That was two months ago.  I finally set it up, and it works fine, so I'm back with fully automatic living room light again.

I drew up a plan for shower bathroom behind King's room as a future construction project.  My friend came over for a short visit on Sunday night and saw that, as well as taking another look at the Queen's Room and thinking about it.

Spent a lot of time thinking about bathtub (see post I made on Saturday) and other aspects of forthcoming bathroom remodel.

On Monday morning (part of my weekend) I finally contacted electrician and reserved a whole day for electrical projects.  I washed underwear (badly needed).  I found both the motor and the fan for the old bathroom fan (so I can show those to electrician who may or may not use them).  I tested the outlet in the Queen's Room that is on the King's room circuit to see if it is downstream of the GFCI outlet in the lab.  It is, and therefore it doesn't need to have an additional GFCI outlet.



No comments:

Post a Comment