Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Dualing mattresses

This much I'm sure: I'm going to get a split queen adjustable bed.  The split feature is well worth having, even when you're in bed alone, and you can keep one side flat for computer, books, etc.  But more, it makes for the ultimate luxury human pairing space, allowing each person freedom to view, read, rest, sleep as they wish, but together.

King size is just too big, 16 inches wider than the queen size bed I have used since I bought my first house in 1983.  My tracing out the border of the King Size in my King's Room master bedroom, it leaves so little extra room space between bed and closet as to make the room feel like mostly bed.

It seems to me there is far too wide a gap between the Queen and King sizes, from 60 inches to 76 inches.  There is only a 6 inch gap between the old fashioned Full Size, at 54, and Queen.  What would suit my room perfectly might be a 67 inch mattress.

So like I said, Queen size is a given, and my unshakeable ambition is to have split adjustable queen.


That's one I'm pretty sure I saw before, and might have linked here before.  There many latex mattress products on the web, and they make competing claims.  For example, Habitat claims that their shipping method (vacuum packed and rolled) is the best, whereas others say flat shipping is a must.

Another similar set of offerings is found at Bliss, the latex core sounds identical, but Bliss includes a second layer for all firmness choices.  That's a great concept, since then one could have each side of the spit queen have a different firmness level.  However Bliss does not seem to offer split queen, and their adjustable base sounds like the less desireable Ergomotion 100 which also lacks a split queen choice.



No comments:

Post a Comment