Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Friday, July 20, 2012

Tuff Shed Flags Placed

The Tuff Shed salesman came out and marked the location I want for my 6x14 shed.  I had previously suggested the lot might need some leveling (!) and I even included a leveling charge when I placed the original order, because I figured that leveling would be needed.  Indeed, the salesman decided to charge me the minimum leveling charge.  One of his concerns was also that I cut the grass.  It has grown to between 6 and 12 inches (12 inch weeds) now.

I upgraded the windows from 2x3 to 3x3, the salesman said that would still work.  The 3x3 windows are much nicer looking because the 2x3 are very horizontal.  I think the dominant schools of architecture have declared all but vertical windows as being ugly because they don't follow the human form, and even if that's a bit extreme, I think they are on to something.  The 3x3 windows look like two 1.5x3 vertical windows joined together, that is how they get a vertical look despite actually being square.

I called the sprinkler installer, and a tentative installation date has now been set for August 3.

I called Rainbow Gardens, and they have Texas Sabal in 10 gallon containers that are about 5 feet high.  If I pick one out this weekend, they could install it Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment