Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Quick backache?

Yesterday when shopping at Home Depot, I bought 3 bags of topsoil: two bags of Texas Friendly Organic and one bag of Scotts.  I have so many cracks and holes to fill I recently figured I could buy 3 bags a day for the next few weeks and still not have enough.

This afternoon, I put one 45 pounds bag at the SW corner of Lyndhurst, which seems to have gotten eroded by construction work, or perhaps scraped by cleanup.  I had previously put a bag there, and it just vanished because the area that needs to be filled is so huge, it could handle 10 bags easily.  Then I put a bag in the dip in the front lawn created by the Spray Foam truck tires in January.  I could possibly use another ten bags or so just for that dip.

I leveled the dirt at Lyndhurst best with just my hands.  I raked the topsoil into the grass (which badly needs mowing) in front.  It disappeared quickly, then I further watered it down.

The bag of Scotts I just moved from car to Garage.  I figured I'd apply that to the crack on the southern side of the house, later.  The garage can easily hold one spare bag of topsoil, like the one that sat there for 8 months until I used it earlier this month.

What I had really wanted to do this morning was mow the lawn.  It badly needs mowing all over.  I failed to get to the mowing last Sunday.  I had an excuse, from about 6pm on it looked as if it was going to rain at any moment.  It did finally rain at about 8pm.  Last minute person that I am, 8pm on Sunday is usually when I have just started mowing, for completion around 9pm.

But at least I did something.

I also installed the soaker hose around the Catawba crepe myrtle.  Until now, I have been having to move the hose twice for each day's soaking.

I did test soils last night, and both trees tested dry despite having been watered on Sunday night!  I'm thinking of getting a moisture gauge.

Then before going to work, I got a backache.  I'm thinking I need to get a back brace if I'm going to be doing this kind of thing.  Funny, I didn't feel bad at all when I was actually doing it.

I've gotten my email from Tough Shed and will be talking to the salesman on Wednesday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment