Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Privacy panel no longer needed

I'm planning to replace  bedroom window ASAP now.  But I've always like the convenience of the blackout vertical blinds.  I can quickly change the blinds from full open to full closed, and when they are closed there is almost no light in the room, perfect for a daytime sleeper like me.

But for past 15 years or so, I've had a piece of black cloth tacked onto the wall so it covered the bottom 5 inches of the window.  On Saturday February 3rd, I decided to remove it.  I now get all the privacy I need in the bedroom from Lyndhurst, Palmhurst, and the shed my catty corner southwest neighbor has built in their back yard in the past few months.  Whatever gaps there might still be weren't covered by the privacy panel anyway, and the middle 2/3 of the window is blocked by 12 inches for the TV.

That considerably improved the view and the appearance of my room, I think.  I needed to vacuum and hand polish the window sill afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment