Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

First February Mow

On Saturday, I mowed the little lawn in front of Lyndhurst.  That has bermuda grass which literally hasn't gone dormant since last year.  It was getting a bit shaggy.  And I pulled a few weeds.  But I quit before doing anything else because there was an intermittent smell of creosote from smoke.  It wasn't clear if there were any actual forest or prarie fires.  It could have been BBQ or more likely fireplace.  On Sunday I watered the potted plants and Palmie in front.  Once again I smelled just a trace of smoke. I figured it might have been coming from neighbor across the street, the "Bar" neighber who has beer signs around his back yard pool and parties (not too loud anymore) on weekend nights.  There was nobody in his back yard so perhaps his party was inside by the fireplace.  That would have made sense on Sunday when it was cool and foggy but less sense on Saturday when it was sunny and 80 degrees in the afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment