Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Friday, July 22, 2011

Nice Tile



I took a look at porcelain tiles at Home Depot, and liked this one, called Brazilian Slate, by Marazzi.  It meets all specifications I have in mind, including wear resistance PEI IV (commercial grade), COF 0.7 dry and 0.6 wet, and Freeze Resistant.  The design has a 3 dimensional sculpted (faux naturale) surface to provide slip resistance, instead of the tacky holes found in lesser tiles.  Moisture intrusion has the highest rating, Impervious, with specification <= 0.5%.

The other manufacturer of porcelain tiles at Home Depot, Daitile, did not seem to have any tiles with the Freeze Resistant icon.

This being said, I've actually been leaning toward getting polished concrete with slip-resistant glaze, but I'm undecided, and this tile looks as good or better.

Here are pictures of some of the porcelain tile displays at the store I visited:




No comments:

Post a Comment