Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Good dream, nightmare reality

3 hours have passed since the 3rd promised delivery date for concrete.  I have sent email to Angie's List asking for advice on what sort of ultimatum to give.  I do not like to give ultimatums.  Angies List says they respond within 2 days.  I will be calling attorney friend this afternoon.

Somehow, I woke around 6:45am, waited a bit for Ronnie to call with another postponement, then slowly dozed back to sleep.  Around 7:05 I heard some noises like a concrete truck.  As I dozed further, I was sure I heard gate slam, then Ronnie having a talk with some workers in back yard, and concrete being wheeled into back yard.  There was no doubt in my mind that all these things were happening.  After quite awhile, I got up and looked out the window.  The slab was poured nearly to the top, but there was still no wire mesh.  A worker was sitting on the forms waiting for something.  The concrete truck had taken off for awhile, I imagined it was running around the block to stir up the concrete some more.

Around 8:30 I actually woke up again.  There was clearly a truck going around the street, but it was clearly the "bulky items collection" of the solid waste department, making occasional bangs that could be mistaken for my metal gate slamming.  This time I opened up the window.  Nothing but the hole and rebar, exactly as it looked last week.

1 comment: