Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Overly Doors

Well, they're metal doors filled with rock wool.  Pretty much what I expected.  But the door might not be an metal object open in one end, welded together elsewhere, as I imagined it my mind.  It may be the whole thing is built up with insulated channels.  Good for sound--but I don't find it inspiring me not to worry aabout fiberglass particle emissions over time.  If the whole thing is bolted together then it can also become loose.

That rock wool and other materials (apparently heavy on the rubber seals) may use formaldehyde also.  There is no guarantee this gets us away from formaldehyde (thanks to the rock wool...thought I dunno, it might be clumps that never needed gluing).

No comments:

Post a Comment