Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Monday, July 15, 2013

Door Arrives!



Second weekend in July (seemed like the 3rd) Saturday I mowed the entire front yard (previously done 3 weekends ago) and a bit of the back yard.  I also started getting caught up on laundry after my vacation in Fort Worth during 4th of July week.  On Sunday I had a wonderful trip to Boerne for the last Cactus Pear concert with my friend, preceded by a brew and dinner at the Dodging Duck Brewhouse, and followed by wonderful Cactus Pear desserts at a nearby bakery.

Palmie in the front yard is beginning to look grown up...before I get a chance to move her.

I downloaded DrawBerry to draw the layout for network wiring my house.  Next big priority might be doing the carport, however.  My friend suggested that during the trip--a good sign of her thinking about moving over.

On Saturday it looked like the roof shingles and tar paper were blowing off the house behind me.  Much later I saw the neighbor removing and replacing the tar paper, very slowly.  This is at least the 3rd time that roof has been replaced in the past 20 years.  I wonder if there isn't some underlying fault with the roof decking that is just getting papered over each time.  Anyway, it's a good sign that work has been and is being done on houses around me.  Currently there are 3 houses for sale very close to mine.

Around 3pm Monday Afternoon, BMG delivered the new Queen's Room door.  Fortunately, it was not raining when they took it out of the (large covered truck).  I was not expecting this.  They gave their first and only call just a minute before delivery.

I was expecting a hardwood threshold, so I need to check that out.  I also need to get a good passage door knob (and not the cheap builder store variety).

No comments:

Post a Comment