Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Monday, July 22, 2013

Bathroom Fans

Just happened upon this page talking about noisy bathroom fans.  Supposedly not a problem anymore because you can get really quiet fans (about 0.3 to 0.4 sones) and retrofit kits for older fans.

My experience was not so wonderful.  I had a hard enough time getting a motor, any motor, that would work in my master bath.  Broan/Nutone has no replacement for my model.  They were called by the motor repair guy, and that's what they said.  The motor repair people got me a similar motor made by someone else.  Unfortunately, that similar motor seems a tad more powerful and noisy as hell.  Sometimes it sounds like it's going to tear up the little fan box.  I'm afraid to run it.

It's funny if Broan/Nutone has no replacement motor, as they still sell a very similar light and fan combination unit.  I tried the motor in the new combination unit (which I also bought, beforehand) and it is acceptibly quiet, an extreme difference from the new noisy-as-hell motor.

I'm thinking I'm going to try the new motor (from the new unit) in the old fan box.  When I get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment