Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Let there be light!

Light bulbs, three 60 watt equivalent LED lights, were installed on Wednesday night.  The first bulb was installed in dark.  Then, after installing two bulbs, I decided all bulbs should be re-installed w/o electricity so I can do it tightly and cleanly.  So I got a flashlight and reinstalled the bulbs.

The Hunter lamp assembly has ceramic bulb holders, but somehow they don't seem as good holding as ceramic bulb holders used to be.  It seemed like I could barely screw in the bulbs at all before they couldn't be tightened any further.  It seemed like if I tightened too hard, I could strip the threads in the ceramic and the bulb would fall out.  I tried not to do that, and to make sure all bulbs were fully tightened and square into their sockets.

I the Hunter fan box in recycling and the foam inside it and all the debris left by elecrician into trash.

With all 3 lights blazing at 60W equivalent, the room is quite bright.  The dim on the Hunter switch isn't as dim as I would like.  The reddish wood fan color helps moderate the white balance and make the cool "daylight" color have some warmth in the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment