Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April 22, 2012: Successful project completion

Being a Process type, I don't care much whether things are completed or not, it's the process, and continual progress, that counts.  And don't make me use the word "finished!"  Things are never "finished."

But I think April 22 counts as the date of successful completion of my backyard workshop building.  Why?  That is the day I finally got the knob and lock installed.  It wasn't easy (to be explained in next post).

After the lock was installed, I was finally able to call insurance agent to come out to take photos for full coverage up to building cost of $25,000.  So that's when it's official.  I had to quote them a total cost, otherwise the default coverage would only be $7500.  It added about $60/yr to my policy.

Now the door is locked by default.  Insurance agent should see it that way.  Previously I kept the door open to allow outgassing all VOC's.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And how long did the process take, from groundbreaking to lock on the door?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From calling first contractor to installing lock, it was about 12 months. Starting with groundbreaking, 11 months.

    ReplyDelete