Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

5/8 just right

On Monday I got two new poplar dowels at Lowe's, one at 3/8 and one at 5/8.  I got the 3/8 because I wasn't entirely sure that the very first dowel I tested, which was too small, wast 1/4 instead of being 1/2.

5/8 turned out to be the correct fit.  Now all I have to do is cut the dowel to about 3/4" length and glue it into the sheetrock hole.  I've been debating whether I should use QuietGlue Pro or a high quality white glue I purchased recently.

I took a look at the caulking around the switch box and panel.  They actually looked pretty good except for the tiny gaps I knew I needed to fill and the unfinished side.

I can still smell the oil based paint (now I wish they had not used that) and the tile grout.


No comments:

Post a Comment