Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Monday, June 11, 2012

Whole House Ventilation Systems

I pooh poohed this almost a year ago, after deciding I would opt for a sealed and air conditioned room, to keep everything stored in top condition yet at low energy cost.

But now I am back considering the possibility of a ventilation system.  Here is an excellent factsheet from the DOE.

The recommendations are for 0.35 air changes per hour, or 15 cfm per person, whichever is greater.  That seems like an awful lot to me (particularly the 0.35 air changes) if you are trying to achieve energy efficiency.

What I was calling "positive pressure" they call "supply ventilation."  The opposite is "exhaust ventilation."  A combination of the two they call "balanced ventilation."




No comments:

Post a Comment