Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8: New Construction Begins

During October, I interviewed 4 contractors.  In November, I selected one and hammered out some additional details, signed contract, and paid $500 deposit.  After he had been selected, the contractor said he would begin work around December 8.  On December 7 I got an email saying he would meet me at 9am on December 8.

And today, December 8, the contractor, supervisor, framing supervisor, and 2 workers showed up. We went over construction details, selected and marked positions for door, window, and A/C.  Window is now to be 8 feet from front inside wall, with AC unit closer in, separated by 18 inches.  I paid $2500 additional deposit.

They plan to start work today, but it is quiet now because they have gone back to lumber yard because contractor got 2x4 studs instead of the 2x6 specified.  They plan to work on Saturday.  Supervisor suggested I make appointment with electrician for Monday or Tuesday to do electrical rough in.  I've made appointment with electrician for Tuesday.

Temperature is 45 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment