Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Saturday, August 4, 2012

More Changes

Bought three 16 inch Xeropave pavers for the electric and telecom hookup area at the SW corner of my house.  I hope to grow grass here, but expecially after sprinkler installation it is soft dirt.  The Xeropave pavers let needed moisture into the ground.  Moisture is especially needed in the ground here as it is where my house settles slightly in the summer, making a tiny crack appear in my bedroom.

These Xeropave pavers are wonderful looking, lightweight for a nice 16" size.  I plan to investigate how they are made.  Main downside is high cost, about 3 times the cost of a comparably sized paver.  Speaking of which I also bought three 3/4 moon 16 inch round pavers with tiny pebble surface.  I've decided those would be best to make a walkway to Lyndhurst.  Only one width is OK at 16 inches (12 inches is too small, needs doubling up), they are much lighter than 16x16 pavers, and make curves nicely.

A friend and I found a new place for Palmy, in the NW corner of my lot, but 15 feet or so diagonally out from the corner (what would have been the edge of a large gazebo...which I no longer plan to have).  This is actually a better more visible spot for Palmy, and away from wires and easements.

We also found a place for Spindly Bamboo right next to the other Alphonse Karr.  It is possible to put clumps fairly close together I've read (but not exactly confirmed).

Neighbor to the south no longer wants Texas Mtn Laurel on her side, so it will replace the 2nd viburnum on the north side, and may put viburnum where the TML was going previously.

Still need to decide what plant if any to put nearest the house along the southern fence.  Can't be big, I had thought bamboo would be perfect, and it would except the expanding clump problem.  Very small tree or shrub needed.

And need to decide what plant to put where I was putting Palmy.  One possibility would be Anacacho Orchid, a pretty tree, I would have chosen it before but I thought it was deciduous.

So two spots now remain to be filled, nearest the house (if any) and at the sw corner of the back fence near the CPS transformer.

No comments:

Post a Comment