Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Changes

OK, the bamboo will not go in the electric and telecom hookup corridor.  Instead, I'll move it to a convenient spot near the north wall, just like the other bamboo.  Problem is the inexorable growth of the base and rootsystem.  On the north side, there is only one wire, which I've never seen dug up.

Instead, I'll choose a deciduous small tree/shrub.  Why?  Because I can't put deciduous trees in the privacy screen, but behind Lyndhurst it doesn't matter.

The palm will not go in the back easement, filled with wires that go through the neighborhood.  If I keep it, and I'm not sure I will, I'll plant it in the SE corner of the front lawn, far enough back from the driveway to allow expansion, or in the south side yard.  It cannot go in the NE side of the front lawn because that's where the drain is.  Another possible spot is in the southern corridor beside the house near the back fence.

With regard to the palm, though, it has a mass rootsystem of consistenly finger-sized roots.  Perhaps that's not so bad back near the fence in the easement.  The palm does not have expanding roots, it grows new little roots.

In the spot originally intended for bamboo near the house, I'll put an evergreen tree shrub.  Photinia?

No comments:

Post a Comment