Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Adjustable Beds

Funny, I thought I had already written pages on this.  I wanted to check out all my links from a few months ago, and now I don't see them.

The upshot was I had steered away (rightly or wrongly) from the well-known (through endless TV advertising...) Craftmatic adjustable beds, and the high priced Beautyrest, to buying, separately, an adjustable bed frame (I forgot the brand, I thought I had posted it) and natural latex mattress (I had picked one out of hundreds of US latex mattress manufacturers).

Now I'm trying to remember what I had picked out before, and possible re-think a bit more, since I'll be ordering soon.

In the course of my previous investigations, I discovered the Mattress Underground, which once had a post listing many of the known-best latex mattress manufacturers.  Well, it turns out that there's a bit of a conflict of interest in that those listed manufacturers are also members of the Mattress Underground.  So while I'll still take it as a list of interesting ones to check out (which I have mostly done already) I won't take it as the ultimate short list.  I decided I liked the one I had picked out prior to discovering the Mattress Underground better, based on stuff I learned at Mattress Underground and my own ideas/feeling/intuitions.  Actually, though, it was Google that picked out the mattress company I had previously decided on, because in my first recent search for natural latex mattresses they were featured near the top--a privilege they must have (once) paid for.  But anyway, that's how it goes, one way or another I've checked out the sites for a dozen manufacturers, and am about to do so again.


No comments:

Post a Comment