Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Friday, August 23, 2013

Doors Arrived; Remodeling Scheduled

While the freight service R&L refused to give me any other delivery window than 1-5pm (standard for residential customers) they actually delivered the door at 11:30 AM, perfect for my schedule!  The doors arrived in a seriously large crate that must weigh half a ton.  I had been concerned about finding a way for them to put the doors in the house, and the evening before I enlisted the help of my next door neighbor to move the previously ordered door into the garage, making room in the hallway.  But when the new gargantuan crate arrived, it was clear this could not be moved into the house anyway.

I called Contractor Tom thinking he could move the doors into the house.  But instead we talked about the remodeling, and he gave me a package deal for the doors and the King's Room remodel, so I'm going for that.  He would have started next week on both (!) but I insisted I needed another week to clear out the King's Room because I have a party this weekend.  So he will start the room remodeling on the week of Labor Day.  But he will install the doors next week.

Now I need to get even more stuff.  Tonight I ordered two Baldwin colonial knobsets with the Privacy function.  I think that is actually more appropriate to bedrooms than the passage knobset I ordered last week.

I might order a new twin bed for the Queen's Room.  I'm thinking about these two choices:


No comments:

Post a Comment