Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Looking better

The 3rd bedroom is getting close to being entirely cleared out, and the other 3 bedrooms are looking much neater also.  It was cloudy but with temperature near 70 degrees Saturday January 12 was an ideal moving day and I spent 6 hours moving stuff.  Sunday it got cold again and so I only moved one more box on Sunday.

The biggest part was that I moved out all the stuff that was packed underneath the bed.  That was quite a lot of stuff.  I removed the remaining items from the closet shelf, including the PS Audio PowerPlant 300, and a burnt-out stepdown transformer I used to use as a dimmer in the master bedroom.  After removing the transformer, I carefully cleaned the shelf twice to remove any possible residue.  However, there was no visible residue from the transformer anyway.  I also removed a cube full of LP records and some other items.

I also finished sorting all of the electronic cables which I had temporarily moved from the 2nd bedroom (aka the Computer Room) into the 3rd bedroom.  Now the computer room has 3 boxes of cables, and they are neatly organized and not spilling out all over the floor.  There is a new box of cables in the 4th bedroom (aka the Exercise Room) for outlet strips, and there is a new box of old computer cables also.  Some RF cables got packed into the box of RF cables that was already in the exercise room.

Some lightweight stuff remains, including a previously undiscovered bag of papers and magazines.  However I will almost certainly get the 3rd bedroom all cleared out this coming weekend, and I am greatly looking forward to that.  The biggest and heaviest thing is the case full of VHS and cassette tapes.

Actually I plan to leave a few things in the bedroom for now, including the bed itself (until replaced with a nicer one) and the small desk.  The antique table next to the bed is not good for a bedside table and will be moved.  I will leave a couple of desk lights and a couple of clip lights. that could be attached to the bed.  I'll let my friend decide which lamps, if any, to keep in the bedroom.  I will move the remaining clothes in the closet by relocating to other closets.

I moved some speakers in the closet shelf in the master bedroom into their factory box and then into Lyndhurst, making room on the shelf for stuff that used to be taking up space on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment