Lyndhurst Garden House

Lyndhurst Garden House
Lyndhurst Garden House

Friday, September 6, 2013

LED Security Lamp

For a change, this was actually selected and obtained by my electrician, John Jones.  The 65 watt fluorescent I had selected about 3 years ago didn't last long.

The lamp they chose was an ALL-PRO LED Area and Wall light, model number AL2050LPCBZ.  It says the bulb should last 10 years, I thought the electricians showed me that where it said the fixture should last 20 years.  But it's unclear if those numbers have any meaning except with regards to establishing the purported $1765 in energy savings.  Just after they showed me where it said the fixture should have 20 year lifetime (IIRC), they showed me where it said the warranty was 2 years.

So we'll see.  The electricians weren't trying to pull the wool over my eyes, they just picked what they though was best.  It's a nice solid lamp sold by Cooper, a leading electrical manufacturer.  LED lamps don't have the starting issues that fluorescents do.  I think those starting issues, combined with variable cloudy and rainy days, were what probably shortened the life of the previous lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment